(2) The Chinese believe that one should keep a well-shaven face. If one wears a mustache it should be well-trimmed. If one violates this norm it will give bad luck.
(3) Another Chinese superstition is that if a dog howls for a few hours in late night, it means someone died somewhere.
(4) It is another superstitious belief of the Chinese that if one has a dream of teeth or snow, it indicates that his parents are dead.
(5) If a baby cries for no reason, the Chinese believe that there are ghosts around and the child is disturbed by the ghosts.
(6) Another superstition of the Chinese is that building a house facing the North would bring in ruin to the family.
(7) It is a superstition among the Chinese that if one marries a person who is either three or six years older or younger is bad and it will bring bad luck to the couples.
(8) The Chinese believe that clipping toe-nails or finger-nails at night would bring ghosts to that place.
(9) Another popular Chinese superstition is that if one points at the moon with one’s finger it will make one’s ear tips fall off.
(10) Another popular belief of the Chinese is that if one encases and keeps a turtle as a pet, it will ruin his business and fortune for it will slow a person's business down.
(11) This is another popular superstition in China. The Chinese believe that the number 8 is a lucky number because the pronunciation of the number 'eight' and the pronunciation of the word for ‘prosperity’ in Chinese are similar. Hence, the number 8 has much value in the social life in China. So if a house number or the registration number of a car has the 8 as a number, people think it is a lucky sign. Often people pay a big sum to win a number with 8 for their car.
(12) In another popular Chinese superstition, the number 4 is considered as unlucky. Hence this number is unacceptable for vehicles and houses. It is so because the number 4 in Chinese has the pronunciation similar to the word for the word 'death'.
(13) The Chinese believe that the numbers 8, 18, 13 and 168 are lucky. Hence those who are on a gambling or business trip prefer these rooms. Ass these numbers are in great demand, often disputes and fights arise over the choice over these numbers.
(15) As part of another popular superstition of the Chinese people, eating noodles will not be easy in China. This is because the popular belief is that an uncut noodle in soup will increase longevity. If the noodle is cut it will cut the longevity. Some times people may choke if the noodle is too long.
Nutty News Today – Strange News Headlines - Nutty Videos – Pinterest Nutty News - Nutty News Magazine - Facebook - Nutty News on Twitter - Nutty Videos on Twitter - Strange Facts – Today’s Nutty Joke – Strange Crimes - True Crime Stories Updated 24 Hours A Day – FBI Most Wanted –Amber Alerts – Politics USA Today – Your Local News - Submit Nutty News